We have been made aware of some inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Please do not contact your GP practice for a rescue pack. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19, go to 111.nhs.uk/covid-19 before doing anything else.
Please read this helpful information from the British Lung Foundation: www.blf.org.uk/coronavirus/people-living-with-lung-condition
You will note that there is no recommendation to have a rescue pack, there is no evidence for this and indeed there are concerns steroid will reduce your immunity to fight off this virus.
Please use this service if you have been told to stay at home because of coronavirus and you need a note for your employer – 111.nhs.uk/isolation-note
Protecting You and the Community
As a temporary measure to minimise risk of coronavirus infection, we are taking a number of precautions:
- All prebooked and urgent appointments shall be triaged by the Doctor by telephone only. The Doctor will discuss by phone how to help you and, if necessary, can arrange a face-to-face appointment
- For the time being, there will be no online or face-to-face appointments to book directly. Please contact your registered surgery to arrange a telephone consultation
- Please do not come to the Surgery for any reason if you have a cough, cold or temperature, or have travelled to an at-risk country in the past 14 days. Please speak to us first.
- Prescription requests can still be made online, via your Pharmacist or post through the letterbox at our surgery doors
- Advice, information and a self-assessment for coronavirus are available on NHS111 online via www.111.nhs.uk/covid-19
Due to the increased volume of calls, if you require travel information during the coronavirus outbreak, please visit the following pages for up to date travel advice:
Foreign Commonwealth Office and Public Health England