Please see below our Flu Clinics.
- Saturday 5 October 8.30 – 3 pm – Over 65 flu clinic only
- Saturday 26 October 8.30 – 3 pm – Over 65 and Under 65 appointments
Flu Vaccine in stock.
We now have flu vaccinations in stock for all patients aged 65 and over only.
Please contact your registered surgery to arrange an appointment now!
Seasonal flu is a highly infectious illness caused by a flu virus. The virus infects your lungs and upper airways, causing a sudden high temperature and general aches and pains. You could also lose your appetite, feel nauseous and have a dry cough. Symptoms can last for up to a week.
You may be invited for a flu jab if you are:
- are 65 years of age or over
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or other long-stay care facility
- receive a carer’s allowance, or you are the main carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- or have a serious long-term health condition, including:
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS
- being seriously overweight (BMI of 40 or above)
- eligible children who are aged 2 and 3 on 31st August 2019 – that is, children born between September 1 2015 and August 31 2017
- Children who are 4 years old are also eligible for flu vaccination provided they were 3 on August 31 2019. These children should be offered the vaccination at their general practice.
- Children in reception class and school years 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 will be offered their vaccination in school. In a couple of areas it might be offered in primary care settings.
Dr Sweeney sadly passed away on August 19. Peter and his family greatly appreciated all the kind messages and cards he received from patients in the past few months. Peter had been with the Red House Surgery for 28 years and will be sadly missed by both patients and staff. May his soul rest in peace.