Overseas Visitors

Anyone not ordinarily resident in the UK is classed as an overseas visitor.

Residents of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) who are visiting the area and need to see a GP are entitled to register at the practice as a temporary resident in the same way as UK residents.

Some non-EEA countries have bilateral healthcare agreements with the UK.  Our GPs may also, at their discretion, accept residents of these countries to join the practice as temporary residents.

Overseas residents who are not entitled to register with the practice as a temporary resident may still be accepted as a private patient on a fee-paying basis.